Thursday, April 21, 2011

Journal 10

After reading "Is Google Making Us Stupid", I have to completely agree with the author's concerns. Reading for me used to be one of my favorite things, something that I both enjoyed and took pride in. Yes, I'm in college and really don't have time for reading anymore with the mounds of schoolwork I have to finish each week. But, even when I do have time, when I'm on vacation, I find myself lacking the ability to immerse myself in the novel as I once did. Even when watching a movie, I find myself on the internet, it feels like I have ADD at some points. I even find myself asking why should we have to learn so and so. It's not like I'm ever not going to be out of reach of my cell phone, more importantly my mobile web. I can just google it if I don't know the answer. I think this relates to a lot to my inquiry III and my parody of Facebook. I think we as a society and even the entire world need to be more aware of the harmful side affects of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment