Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Writing Style (Journal 9)

This semester I have noticed several new tendencies in my writing style. I tend to add unimportant information, and I am often not clear in what I am trying to say. The unclearness usually stems from too many words. I fully agree with Vonnegut's article. One of the most important things I've learned it that I need to write about something that I truly believe in. When I write about a topic that I don't believe is true, or I have absolutely no interest in, my writing is awful and often hard to comprehend. However, when I write about a topic that I have an interest in, the writing comes easily. It is easy to gather support for my theses and the words flow well. If I could add or change something to my writing style, it would be the ability to easily express meanings without directly stating the words. I believe that this is true writing skill but it is very difficult to do. It is also difficult to know how your audience will interpret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment