Monday, April 18, 2011

Journal 9

What have you learned about your own style this semester? Do you agree with Vonnegut’s rules for style? What might you add, change, or remove? Due: Thursday, April 14

I believe my writing style has progressively improved throughout this semester. I have learned how to express my ideas more easily, and make my papers more interesting. This semester has given me an opportunity to write about topics that I am interesting and reflect my personality through these. I certainly agree with Vonnegut's rules for style in that writing about something that interests you will make your writing stronger. I have realized that when I write about topics that I don't know much about and don't care to know more about, it is more of a struggle for me and my papers may come out somewhat unclear. Also, his rule about sounding like yourself is true as well. I have found that when I try to use vocabulary that I don't know how to incorporate into my essay properly it sounds awkward and it is best to just sound like yourself. Something I might add although it sort of goes along with find a subject you care about is make sure you understand what you write about. Don't pick something that you haven't researched or don't know much about. This will make your writing much stronger and interesting to your audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment