Thursday, April 14, 2011

Journal 9

In my own writing, one thing I have noticed I have trouble explaining my point and backing it up with important details and information. I definitely agree with Vonnegut's rules. One rule I especially agree with is Don't Ramble. I have noticed that I tend to ramble a lot in my writing especially when I don't think enough before I start typing. Another rule I agree with is Sound like Yourself. Many times when students, including myself, write an essay they try to sound more intelligent than they are. Students want to impess their teacher by sounding incredibly smart, but most of the time it just sounds awkward. I might remove the rule Keep it Simple because often times writing must be complex and students need to give great detail to explain a point, so simple is not always technically better.

No comments:

Post a Comment