Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Journal 9

What have you learned about your own style this semester? Do you agree with Vonnegut’s rules for style? What might you add, change, or remove?


This semester has really improved my writing I believe. I think I am a stronger writer than I was before I began 112. I think I love to summarize more than analyze which leads to problems more often than not. Its hard for me to analyze text without summarizing it into detail before so you understand it before I analyze. I'm trying to get better with that but it is harder for me to do than I thought originally. I really agree with the statement "have the guts to cut." I find it really hard when I'm writing a paper to cut our sentences or even paragraphs because I want to make sure that I make it long enough. But, then I begin to ramble which is another thing that he says we shouldn't do. I think he's right with those two.

No comments:

Post a Comment