Sunday, March 20, 2011

Journal 4

Midterm Self-Assessment: Consider your progress at this point in the semester. What have you accomplished? What do you still want to improve?

LATE:

At this point in the semester, I have accomplished being a better textual analyzer. I believe it has became easier for me to look at a piece of writing or media and I can analyze it in a better way than I could have done before this semester started. It's easier for me to look at these writings and figure out if gender is being used or what is going on in the paper and what the writer was thinking during the time of his writing. I need to improve on summarizing less and analyzing more when I critique a piece of writing. I tend to write about the text so the reader of my paper can understanding what is going on in the movie or book so they can understand my reason for how I analyzed the paper. Overall, I have learned more in this semester half way through the semester than I did the whole last semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment