Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Close Reading- journal 2

A close reading is reading a text and over-analyzing it to understand a deeper meaning. Over-analyzing seems pretty easy when your given a piece of information to depict out your own thoughts and opinions on specific evidence that makes you believe a certain idea. However, inquiry one has been a bit rough for me. I picked a childrens book for my close reading. However, we were suppose to pick a text that had a certain value to our life and had a effect on us in some way or another. I thought this childrens book had a good moral and I did love reading it as I grew up. But, life does change and as I was writing my first draft I realized that this text did not have as much of an effect on my life as I thought. I could not go into enough detail or even remember certain experiences where this text had an effect on me. Therefore, close readings are very easy to do, the trick is relating them to your own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment