Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Journal 1

I definitely do consider myself a writer in a variety of ways. Although this does not mean that I am writing full essays on a daily basis, I try to bring in everything I have learned about writing over my many years of school into my everyday life. Through text messages, emails, Facebook, and other means of communication, I am constantly writing throughout all of my free time. While this is definitely not a formal type of writing, I try and implement correct grammar, spelling and punctuation even in these very casual forms of communication. I definitely do not text or email as many young people do, saying things like, "C U L8R LOL," but instead attempt to write as if I was turning it into a teacher. So, while most of my everyday writing is a very casual form of communication, I feel as if I can still constitute myself as a "writer."

No comments:

Post a Comment