Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Journal 2

In my opinion a close reading is where you analysis a passage and reflect on what it means. A close reading is also when you look closely at the words the author choose and those reasonings behind the words. The purpose of a close reading is to look deeply into the meaning of the passage better understand where the author was coming from when he or she first wrote it. I have learned a lot about writing through close reading. I have figured out that a lot of authors are saying one thing and there is a underlying theme or concept they are trying to get across to their audience. It makes me think about how my own writing can do the same thing. Close reading makes me think that I can be a better writer just by trying to use simple tricks by using detail instead of just saying what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment