Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Journal 1

I believe that everybody has the ability to be a writer. You do not have to be "professional" in order to be considered a writer. Many people, like myself, write to get information off of their brain. I do not check for grammatical errors for everything that I write because many times I am the only one reading what I say. However, I find writing as a way to express my feelings and de-stress. I could write pages upon pages on a topic of my choice, but sometimes I find it very complicating to write about a certain topic that I do not enjoy. Many times I find myself jotting words or phrases down on my paper without even realizing. I tend to use those words or phrases to write in my journal about how I'm feeling on any given day. It's hard to express my feelings to other people therefore, I find writing it down helps get things off my chest. I want to be able to be an efficient writer whether or not it is topics of my choice! I hope this class can help me accomplish my goal.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you look at writing as a mode of personal expression. Do you think most writing is just the author expressing him/herself, or is it more about communicating with other people?

    ReplyDelete