Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Journal 1


I think I can say I consider myself a writer.  I’ve always enjoyed writing in all different forms; when I was younger I loved writing creative stories, and throughout high school I wrote pages upon pages of lyrics and poems as a sort of diary.  I also learned to write with my own voice and find personal ties to topics I was writing about, particularly in my high school essay class and in English 111 at Miami.  I write for different reasons…the majority of the writing I did during first semester was for school, but I also wrote/mailed letters to friends I promised to keep in touch with.  I also write journals on my own, just reflections on my life where I put into words everything that goes on in my head…I started doing this recently and it’s been a great way to organize my thoughts and end my day with some peace of mind.  In this class I want to continue generally improving my writing skills as I feel I did in English 111, and learn to organize and portray my thoughts accurately while still maintaining a personal voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment