Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Journal 2

In my opinion, close reading is when you read and understand the text in a deeper way than you usually would when just skimming over it. You examine each word or phrase and try to determine what the deeper meaning is behind the text and try to understand what the author is saying. The purpose of close reading is to find a greater meaning in the text you are examining to get a better understanding rather than if you were to simply read it. I would say that I am learning a lot about myself through inquiry I. I have been able to think about what types of texts have influenced who I am today and how. Specifically for Inquiry I, exploring texts from my childhood reminded me of my childhood and how I grew into the person I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment