Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Journal 2

In my opinion, a close reading requires the reader to carefully examine a text. The reader has to analyze what exactly the author is trying to portray by using opinion and specific examples from the text. it also requires you to dissect the text with great detail. The purpose of a close reading is to show how a text relates to your own life as well as society in general and to understand the importance of text as more than a means of entertainment. Through this assignment I am learning about myself and writing as a whole. I have learned how a novel can affect my views on my own identity and my gender role. I also learned that writing is more important than I had previously believed. It can completely change a person's perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment