Thursday, January 27, 2011

Journal 2

A close reading is a in depth analysis of a text, where you break the text down to segments to try to understand the reasons why things were structured the way they were and what their meaning is. Also in a close reading you scan the text for things that are significant and if there is symbolism, metaphors or repetiton being used. The purpose of a close reading is to you try to get a feel for what the meaning of the text is and at whaudience the text is appealing to and through what ways. As I engage in Inquiry 1, I find that I am reliving some of my childhood because I get to look back on shows and other texts that influenced me as a child. It's also interesting to see if texts from my past, like television shows and commmercials, have really played a huge part in the way I view gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment