Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Journal 2

I believe a close reading is something you really dig into and make sure to analyze every part. When you read something and are doing a close reading on it, you should be picking it apart and figuring out every detail of the story to see in the eyes of the composer. It should show what the composer means when he/she says a certain thing. I think it is very important to analyze certain things to figure out the true meaning. In the close reading that I am doing, I believe I need to analyze things more rather than just telling the summary. I need to make sure that I'm getting how gender roles are being used and supporting it with facts or textual data from the movie. I want to make sure that I get the point across when describing the gender roles. I want to also make sure that I can show the obvious and the not so obvious ways gender plays a part in the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment